Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bathroom beautiful?

I've been toying with the idea recently of making my bathroom a nicer place to be. If I'm going to spend more time in there than the average person, I could at least suffer in a spa-like sanctuary. Candles? Fluffy towels? Mood lighting?!

(Yes, this is a bathroom. Image from homes-interior.com.)

I have always loved hotels. Cheap hotels are useful, moderate hotels can be nice, and upscale hotels have the BEST bathrooms! The few I've seen have been very large, and the toilet is positioned as far away from the bedroom as possible. Some have good ventilation systems that employ a rather loud fan, which is always a plus. I've always thought that there should be music in bathrooms to camouflage any embarrassing noises, but until that day, noisy fans can be very helpful!

 Check out this picture of a bathroom in the Hazleton Hotel in Toronto:

(Image from blog.mrandmrssmith.com.)
I love how sleek and modern it is, and you can see that the toilet is at the end of the bathroom, almost in its own little closet. Check me in!

However, money doesn't always buy you the best bathroom. I once saw a picture of a hotel that was SO fancy, the bathroom "doors" were slightly frosted glass! You could SEE inside the bathroom with the door shut!

But I digress. I have no eye for interior design, and my bathroom is small. I guess a candle and nice towels would be a start.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home